Friday, November 20, 2009

Newest Work in Progress

This is my biggest painting since I started working this summer. At approximately, 30x40, (can't remember exactly) I am standing to paint this one. As you can see I have been working all around the grey hound. He has really complicated highlights on his body and the pedistal where his hind legs are is totally confusing. I have picked away at the chrome and black paint all around him for almost two weeks now. Yesterday I worked on all those lines in the grill. A little tape helps in the beginning but the shading does not let you get away with tape lines. It needed lots of softening for the shadows between each grill piece.
Knowing that I have a show coming up in March, I may not do one of these chrome paintings in such a large format again. They just take too long. I figure that in order to fill the halls of my new venue I will need to paint at least one painting a week. There were only 13 weeks until the show in March when I first started counting. And all the holidays are in between now and then. So painting more landscapes and fewer really large chrome car ornaments is the plan.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment