Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not Chrome




"Perfect Partners" (oil on canvas, 8x10) is a plein aire of some of my garden plants from this summer. I am really happy with this one. I have wiped off so many plein aires this summer that I was thinking I would never get one that I liked.
This coleus was over 4 feet tall and just full and wonderful until the first frost and then it was a wilted mess. Coleus are the most tender of all my garden beauties. The yellow green of the geraniums was a perfect foil for the purple coleus.


This is a quick very loose painting of Bear, our big, old, black fuzzy cat. I did this after all those tight chrome paintings. Fun to just throw the paint on the canvas. It is a small, 8x10, acrylic.There is a bit of a glare on the lower right side and I am not liking the blue plate behind him now that I have it posted. Might change that. But then again maybe I should call it done and quit futzing.


These two acrylic landscapes (16x20) were fun to do. Again getting away from the tight chrome that I have worked on this summer. "Foggy Morning" reminds me of the Mississippi river valley.
"Last Light" is taken from a photo I took while camping in South Dakota this summer. There is a bit of a glare on the lower right side. That is dark purple/brown as dark as the trees.
 I am refreshed so now I can go back to a new chrome painting---- Post it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment