Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finished!

TA-DA! Finished except for a final coat of varnish to even out the colors. This Greyhound is the most ambitious painting I have every undertaken. It is huge (for me) about 30x 36 inches. It has taken me about two months of working on it to get it done. I think it will be while before I attempt one this complicated and big.
Hope someone likes it well enough to purchase it.  I do not have a wall big enough to hang it at home. But I think I can find a spot a the Emy Frentz Center. Later this spring, all these paintings that you see me finishing will go into a show at the Landkamer Building gallery space.

There is a little cropped off the bottom that I did not notice until I up loaded the photo from the camera. So in the original you see all the Ford logo and more of the chrome trim. I think the viewers eye is carried around the painting very well, from the focal point of the dog's head and feet down to the logo around the trim and back again.
Now on to a new series that should not take so long to finish. I have lots of photos from Italy that are just waiting to get up on canvas.
So two posts in one day. Been saving all the good stuff till now.  Merry Merry everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment