Saturday, December 5, 2009

One room school house.



This is a commission that I just finished yesterday. I painted this from an old photo copied photo and so had to do some considerable editing. The trees were not in the photo but I felt that it was too barren without them and the customer told me that there were some along the lot line. The original photo had a whole string of students lined up in front of the school house I pulled a few of the students out for this version. The wonky little shed has been straightened out. The customer did not like the original color of the shed. I painted it a old barn red and when he saw the finished painting asked to have it changed to white. When I over painted the red the angles got crooked.  I really liked the red but the customer is always right. Here is the version with the red shed.



I think the balance is better with the red on the shed.  I also had to recreate the bell tower. It was cropped off from the photo.
I am still working on the grey hound. Making progress and I hope to work on it more today. What a project it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment